Christmas Eve: Went to my parents' house to stay the night. They only live half an hour a way, but that's a long drive at early-o-clock in the morning when they wake up and want to open presents. It's the last year we'll be doing this, however, because staying the night somewhere other than home with an 8 month old is too much of an ordeal. Or so I've been told.
So, Christmas Eve we spent with my parents and I made delicious fudge and ate lots of food and all that jazz. Jordan and I opened our presents from one another that night. Thanks for the presents, Sweetness! We slept downstairs on an air mattress in front of the pellet stove (heaven!) with my mom asleep in the recliner and my little sister in her bed-away-from bed next to us. For those of you who don't know, my sister, Abby, had surgery on her foot and can't go up and down stairs. Good times.
Christmas morning: My dad woke me up at 6:30. AM. SIX-THIRTY IN THE MORNING. Because he WANTED TO OPEN PRESENTS. Okay, he didn't say that, but I know that's what he wanted. My parents did get anything for US so much as they did the baby. Which was perfectly fine by me. They got us the Graco Travel System we had on our registry and the Stage Two carseat we ALSO had on our registry. Diapers, bibs, and other nic-nacs were also received... and many an ooo and ahhh were said.
Opening our stockings
The Carseat... the stroller is currently in the closet and I wasn't going to fight that thing just to take its picture.
I want to go on to say that my mom collects snowmen, and here are a few pictures of the Christmas decorations at my parent's house...
The very well decorated light house :)
We hung around for lunch and got to see my aunt and uncle and their two sons, along with my grandparents. It was a fun time. Of course, one of the joys of being married is having TWO Christmases...
No comments:
Post a Comment