Friday, January 8, 2010

26 Weeks (almost)


Taken today

 I'll be 26 weeks pregnant on Sunday.  I guess the biggest thing that has been happening over the past few weeks is that the little girl is kicking.  Hard.  Really hard.  I'm so short that she's already got her big, fat, adorable feet shoved into my rib cage.  Sometimes I swear I can hear her laughing at me as she beats me up.  Well, not really, but sometimes I do wonder if she's doing it for meanness.  Last night was the first time I've been woken up by her antics, and I'm trying to make a mental note of her "awake" times because they say that their sleep patterns are similar once they're out of the womb.  Last night she woke me up at 3 and at 8, so we'll see how that works out.

I've been suffering from heartburn, and Costco must have known because CONVENIENTLY they had Tums on coupon today.  YES PLEASE!  I've never had heartburn in my life, and it's most just obnoxious to have this constant burn in my chest/throat.  I predicted a long time ago that she'd be born with a full head of hair, so I guess we'll see if the old wives' tale is true.

And I think my face is getting fatter.  I had suspected as much, but then I saw the pictures that Jordan took of me today and in one I look exceptionally hobbit-ish.  I'm trying not to worry too much about it, I'm sure it will go away once the baby weight is off.  I hope.

I have another ultrasound in two weeks to check on her and me and make sure my placenta moved.  It will be interesting to see her again and see how much she's changed in 8 weeks.  I'm really looking forward to her arrival in THREE MONTHS.  Her nursery is mostly set up, and I've finished her crib bedding (it's awesome, BTW) and I'm so ready to have her home and out of my ribcage.  14 more weeks!  Oh yeah, and here are the pictures of her bedding.  There isn't a mattress, and thus no crib sheet, but the crib skirt, bumper, and blanket are all there!!


The whole set



Her quilt, and yes, I quilted those hearts in there.  It was hard.  But worth it.



The inside of the crib.  The brown is the crib skirt, the pillows I made with extra fabric, and the giraffe came from Target :)  Oh, and there is a sheet crumpled up in the corner there.



A closer look at the skirt and bumper.

I'll post more pictures once we get it all set up.  I just so stinking proud of it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment