I had my glucose test this morning, which pretty much involved drinking a sugary drink, waiting an hour, and having my blood drawn. Everything came back normal, with my hemoglobin being a TOUCH low. I was actually worried that my sugar would be high. I like sugar. A lot. Yesterday I tried not to have any, and of course I had a HUGE craving for a sundae. Maybe I can talk Jordan into taking me out for ice cream later as a reward for my self control.
We also had a follow up ultrasound to check on my placenta and fluid levels. If you don't remember, I had to go to the hospital a few weeks ago, and I guess they just wanted to make sure that whatever happened wasn't my fluid leaking. It wasn't. My fluid levels are fine. And my placenta has moved! So no more previa.
We didn't get any good pictures of Miss Stubborn Butt because she kept her back to us the whole time. I was a little disappointed, I wanted to see her cute little face again, but she'll be here in a little more than 12 weeks and I'll get to look at that face all the time. She wasn't shy about showing us her girl parts, however, and I'm happy that she's still a girl! The tech showed us hair on her head and around her neck, which I was just tickled about. I was born with a pile of black hair, and I'm expecting the same from her. It was just neat to be able to see it on the ultrasound. She also has huge feet. I mean, they're adorable, but they're big. Sadly, she gets that from me. I have big feet in proportion to my height, and they look just like mine, long and skinny! I pushed on her head a little to try to get her to turn around, but that just ticked her off and she buried her face even farther. I can't wait to see her in a few months.
My next appointment is in two weeks, which is another indicator that my due date is getting close! I was told to register at the hospital in the next couple weeks, and it's just so hard to believe that we've made it this far. I feel so unbelievably blessed to be given this baby, and know that she is so healthy. I can't wait to hold her and cuddle her and GET HER OUT OF MY RIB CAGE. Sweet baby girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment