I very sweetly implied to my dearest husband that I wanted to get a new one to which he replied, "You do realize that YOU picked out the one we have, right?" I nodded (innocently). "Yeah, you're not getting a new one."
Well, what now, dearest husband? Your plot has been foiled AGAIN! I MADE one, and it didn't cost us a dime. Now, I can carry my awesome one, and you can carry the stinky Walmart one. Wah-chah! Oh, and that's not all. I made a wallet to go with it. AND a nursing cover based off the $30+ udder covers. You know how much money I saved us, dearest husband? A lot.
Oh right, pictures.
It originally didn't have the blue stripe. After I finished the bag I hand stitched that puppy on there.
The inside. I have it packed with some of her things to take to the hospital
(Wipes, "take home" outfits in newborn and 0-3 months, hat, socks, and receiving blanket)
Wallet in front pocket
Wallet front
Wallet Back
Inside of wallet
Me sportin' the bag
(I had just taken a shower... hence the wet hair)
AND the nursing cover.
I've been so productive! I guess I should probably post links to the patterns I used, huh? All right, here they are:
Diaper Bag (modified a bit... mine is a tote and not a messenger as in the pattern)
Wallet (I didn't use any fusible fleece or interfacing or anything... and it turned out just fine)
Nursing Cover (I actually don't remember the exact pattern I used... but here's one that's similar)
Thanks for looking :)
These look great, little sis! I need to show these to Sara! :-) Nice job.
ReplyDelete