Friday, January 8, 2010

Christmas 2009 (Part Two)

We went to Jordan's parent's house Christmas afternoon for more food and a lot more family.  I was in an extremely bad mood when we got there (I'm going to blame pregnancy hormones) but it got better.  Jordan's sister came down from PA and his brother came up from Atlanta, and it was great to have all 24 of us (25 if you count those still in the womb) together.  The gift exchange was fun, and we received some great stuff from Cameron and Sara... and Micah (thanks for the socks, little guy!).  I know that Jordan went through the roof when he saw that someone got him District 9 on blu-ray.  Silly husband.  My wonderful mother-in-law also made a quilt for Baby Girl, and it made me tear up.  I'm absolutely in love with it, and I know that our daughter will love it, as well.



 
  It's Beatrix Potter fabric! (Is that her name?)

But yes, I am very much in love with that quilt.  My mother-in-law is quite the talented lady.

On December 26th there was the actual big Christmas dinner.  I love food.  Then December 27th we all went to my sister-in-law, Dawn's house for MORE food and a family portrait.  We haven't chosen the "final" picture yet, but Jordan's brother, Kyrce, took this picture of us, and I like it quite a lot.

 
PS- I was 24 weeks exactly that day
 
It was a good Christmas.  It's the last Christmas Jordan and I will ever have just the two of us, and I think that made it special.  I'm looking forward to next Christmas, though!  It will never be the same again!

1 comment:

  1. Aww...you're welcome for the gifts! I was quite glad to get your name for Christmas. You both are fun to buy for and we had lots of ideas, but were limited by moola. :-) Yay, for Christmas. It will never be the same again, but the little baby will be so precious! :-D

    ReplyDelete