We had somewhat of a scare last night. I won't go into great details, but I ended up in the Family Birth place for several hours after some premature labor symptoms. They hooked me up to a monitor for the baby, ran tests, did an exam, and found no reason why I had issues. I think they thought my water had broken, but it was still intact... so we're just not sure what happened. It was a pretty scary drive to the hospital. I'm 25ish weeks pregnant, and though I knew in my heart that Baby Girl was fine, and that I was fine, I couldn't help but worry. I did NOT want to have her 15 weeks early. We had a pretty good attitude about it all, and the midwife said we were the least stressful patients she had had all night, and she was so glad to see us smiling and joking around. After several hours of monitoring, they let me go. Everything is fine, and they said that Baby Girl sounds GREAT for only being 25 weeks. She's also extremely active. It's always good to hear that she's doing well, and know that I'm doing okay too. I'm just hoping this doesn't happen again until I'm actually IN labor. In April.
Today I'm going to relax with my husband, who took the day off to be with me and make sure I don't do too much. Oh the joys of being pregnant.
No comments:
Post a Comment