Monday, January 25, 2016

Snowed In


On January 22, Winter Storm Jonas hit, dumping more than two feet of snow on us. We were well prepared for the storm (I'm so glad I had meals frozen, I didn't have to fight the crowds to get groceries!) and with Jordan home we were able to enjoy the snow from the comfort of our living room.

Except that it's now the 25th and we still have yet to see a snow plow. Thanks, HOA, for being on the ball there.

Friday was a good day to play in it. It wasn't quite so deep, so the girls were able to sled and enjoy their time with Daddy.
"Snoowww!"


Evie sledding

Piling on Daddy to sled down the hill!

A heart that Catherine made me

Baby girl, who has no desire to see this snow stuff.

Hot chocolate!
We woke up Saturday morning and it was still coming down. The girls tried to go out to play again, but it was way too cold and way too deep. It lasted about 15 minutes. But yesterday Jordan attempted to dig us out (he was successful, we are one of the few families able to leave our neighborhood) and the girls had a blast playing in all the snow!

Emmy watching the snow on Saturday





Going through the tunnel Jordan made for them


I thought the pattern on the roofs was so neat 
Catherine sitting in her snow chair, eating a chunk of snow
Jordan made it to work this morning, just barely, and the girls and I are enjoying another lazy day stuck at home. I'm done with snow for the year. Thanks, Jonas.

No comments:

Post a Comment