Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Freezer Cooking!



Before Emiliana was born I stocked our freezer with a ton of crockpot meals I had seen on Pinterest. Most of them were horrible. The food lasted us a long time and was nice to have around, but nothing was very impressive. This time around, I hunted down (mostly) delicious recipes to serve my family once our newest addition gets here, or before, on those nights I just don't feel like cooking.

So far I have 22 meals squirreled away, and still have two I plan to add to that this week.


I made these meals over the course of about a month. I've done the marathon meal making and I'm always miserable by the end of it, so this time I just doubled (or tripled) dinner for that night and froze the other portions. It worked out well.

And now, the food!

Chicken Broccoli Alfredo- Super simple and one of my favorites!
Hawaiian Chicken- I wasn't super impressed with this one. Will definitely add more pineapple and soy sauce next time.
Cilantro Lime Chicken- This definitely needs some salsa, cheese, and sour cream. I'm a fan but my husband doesn't love it.
Recipes found here

Raspberry Chicken
Enchiladas -Served with Spanish rice
Beef Stew
Stromboli
Minestrone Soup
Recipes from the Don't Panic! Dinner's in the Freezer! cook books. I highly recommend them, especially the second one. I have loved everything I've made from it.

Chicken Pot Pie Filling
Lumberjack Chili
Cheesy Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole
Grilled Chicken Florentine- After mixing the sauce and the pasta, I poured into baking dishes. Bake at 350 until heated through.
Chicken Spaghetti
Sensational Sloppy Joes -I double this recipe and serve with baked beans, chips, and sometimes an actual vegetable.
Turkey Tetrazzini -I used turkey instead of chicken, and it was a touch dry. I'd add more cream of whatever soup to it next time.
Crock Pot Meatloaf- I did not like this recipe. I have a good meatloaf recipe but I wasn't sure if it would cook in the crock. This was not good. BUT, it cooked beautifully and I even tried to wrap potatoes in foil and have them cook in the crock with the meatloaf. That worked really well. I will definitely do that again.
Crock Pot Ranch Pork Chops- Easy. Delicious. Serve with broccoli and mashed potatoes
Tater Tot Casserole- I've made this so many times I just kind of wing it. Ground beef mixed with two cans of cream of whatever soup (may need a little milk) and onion, layer that with some mixed veggies, shredded cheese, tater tots, and more cheese and bake at 350 for about half an hour or until it's bubbly.
Taco Soup- I used leftover turkey and frozen corn instead of canned. Served with some sour cream and shredded cheese. I just dumped everything in a freezer bag. Very good!
Spaghetti Sauce- Ground beef. Prego. Put in freezer bag. Done.
Tortellini- This I just made up one week when the tortellini was on sale at Costco. It's tortellini and about half a bag of spinach in a freezer bag. I'll add either alfredo sauce or spaghetti sauce to it when the time comes and cook in the crock pot.
Pulled Pork

No comments:

Post a Comment