Monday, January 14, 2013

Update on the Girls

Being the mommy of two little girls is an amazing thing. Evie is 2, nearly 3, and as always, is my little fire ball. She is so much like me, which is why I think we butt heads so much. But she is so sweet. She takes such good care of her baby sister. Right now she really enjoys building things with blocks, and taking care of her stuffed animals. She loves to sing and dance. She got a LeapPad for Christmas, and we got her a couple episodes of Umi Zoomi for her to watch on it. She is watching it now, and I love to hear her sing along with the songs. She is so smart, and talks so much, and knows so much stuff. Sometimes the things she says just stuns me. She'll randomly say a word that I had no idea she knew, and wonder how in the world she learned that word and how to use it correctly.

Catherine is not nearly as vocal as Evie was or is, but she is learning new words every day. She loves to say "uh oh" and has learned "more" recently. She also knows where her belly button is and her nose. I feel bad sometimes because we don't work on that kind of thing like we did with Evie. With Evie we would sit and constantly ask her where things were, and she knew pretty much all her body parts. We don't do that with Catherine. I don't know, I guess with the second one you realize that it's just not that important. She'll learn her colors and her body parts eventually, and it doesn't mean she isn't as smart as Evie or anything.... it just means she has very exhausted parents. She just started walking full time, which is a huge thing. She has been walking since before her birthday, but she still chose crawling over walking until a few days ago. Now she is ALL walk. She'll crawl occasionally, and I'm going to miss seeing her crawl all over the place, but it's so nice to see her grow and play and do things that babies are supposed to do. She is so unbelievably sweet, and is so happy. All. The. Time. She is just so content with life. I hope she stays that way.

I'm very happy with my life with my two sweet girls. It will be fun to see how a new baby fits into the mix. Evie has been asking for a little brother, even though I don't think she fully understands what that means. Every time I tell her that I am going to have a baby, or that there is a baby in my tummy she goes, "No. It not. No baby in your tummy." Like that's the most ridiculous thing in the world. Meh. She'll get it one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment