I tend to have a time in the first trimester where I nest. Not full on scrub-the-floorboards nesting, but I get it in my head that I have to get everything we need for the baby RIGHT NOW. As if I don't still have seven months. With Evie I insisted on buying and putting together the nursery furniture when I was 6 weeks pregnant. That's ridiculous. But, that's what happened.
I don't know how many people watch How I Met Your Mother, but it is one of my favorite shows. If you haven't seen it, you are missing out. Anyway, there is an episode where *spoiler* Lily and Marshall find out they are pregnant (they later find out it was a false positive) and they are sitting in the living room talking about it. "Let's make a list of all the things we need to do before the baby gets here and DO IT ALL TONIGHT!!!" (warning: may not be the exact quote) And they start running around the apartment painting, baby proofing, etc. Yeah. That's me. Right now.
I suddenly have an urge to make 30 freezer meals. Now, the logical side of my brain is telling me that 30 freezer meals is not going to last until August. But the hormonal side is telling me that this MUST BE DONE RIGHT NOW. So, I will probably compromise by making a list of recipes I think might be good for freezer meals to make at a later date. You know, in July.
Yesterday I got it in my head that I needed to make a budget for the whole year. I made one for the rest of January and February, then realized that we have no money. Okay, that's not true, but budgeting depresses me. "Okay, we have $2000 coming in and after I budget everything we will have... $2347 going out... wait. That can't be right."
I also feel the need, like an annoying little tick, to make lists of everything we need to buy and everything we need to do before the baby gets here. Which I probably SHOULD do, or else it will get to be late summer and I will realize that we haven't gotten the carseat out of storage and discover it has grown mold, and since I made a budget I will then realize that I didn't BUDGET money for a new carseat. That budget will get you every time.
This next seven months is going to go by quickly. And I have floor boards to scrub.
No comments:
Post a Comment