Sunday, November 29, 2009

Halfway There

I'm twenty weeks pregnant now.  Which means Baby Girl is half baked.  In the 16 weeks that I have known of her existence, she has very quickly taken over my life.  I never knew what unconditional love felt like until the first time I heard her heartbeat, and saw her little squirming self on the ultrasound.  Each kick I feel makes me smile, and I feel so silly and so happy that I don't know what to do with myself.  I love being pregnant.  I love knowing that for the first time in my life someone needs me.  It's such a weird, proud, unbelievably overwhelming feeling.

I had so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.  My wonderful husband, our baby girl, our home, our jobs, our health... God has been very good to us this year, and I know He will take care of us in the upcoming months and years.

Happy 20 week gestation, Baby Girl.  And thank you, God, for all you have blessed us with this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment