Sunday, November 8, 2009

17 weeks!

The halfway mark is creeping ever closer.  I'm about 4 months pregnant now, and I'm really starting to enjoy it.  Sometime last week I actually felt a few kicks on the OUTSIDE.  Jordan had gotten up to go to work, I had my hand pressed against my stomach, and just as I was falling asleep I felt "thump thump" and nearly fell out of bed with surprise!  Earlier that night I was in a lot of pain because Doodad decided to flip around and press up against my spine (not pleasant) so I guess he/she was just in the right position to feel it.  I haven't felt anything else on the outside since.  LOTS of movement inside, though.  Holy cow, I don't think he/she EVER stays still. 

I woke up last night with a horrible sore throat.  I didn't get a lot of sleep, and when I woke up my throat still hurt, so I drank my weight in hot tea, then tried to take a nap.  My sore throat went away, but I just started to feel REALLY bad.  I kept taking me temp, and it stayed steady at 99.1 (which is normal during pregnancy) but around 1 I took it again and it went up to 99.5.  I took some tylenol, then 40 minutes later checked again and it had gone up to 99.8.  Of course, I automatically assumed I had H1N1 and after having somewhat of a freak out, I called the hospital to talk to the midwife on call.  She told me not to worry about it unless my temp got above 100.5 and I was having respiratory problems.  Rest and lots of fluids... just like Mom always said.  So, I feel better knowing that I'm not dying, but I still feel like I've been hit by a truck.  Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment