Today is my 21st Birthday! It has been an absolutely wonderful day! I spent the majority of it with my wonderful sister-in-law, Brittany, and my two precious nephews. We went to Target with the boys where I asked Tennyson if he thought he was getting a boy cousin or a girl cousin. "Girl cousin." That's the second of my nephews to guess girl! Sure, one of them is two months old and I did it based on the way he tilted his head... but oh well :) We went back to Brittany's and had lunch (yes, I had lunch meat and soft cheese) then but Tennyson down for a nap so we could "watch" Elf. We ended up talking through the whole thing. I'm having dinner with some of Jordan's family later (Jalisco's) then I will enjoy the last few hours of my Birthday.
I was due November 7, 1988. My mom went into labor on Halloween, in the later afternoon. She went to the doctor, not knowing she was in labor. The doctor of course told her that she was dilated and asked her if she was feeling any pains. "Yeah." "How far apart are these pains?" "Every few minutes." "Yeah, you need to go to the hospital now." My mom prayed all evening not to have me on Halloween, and after two hours of pushing, I was born at 6:36 am on November 1st. 8 pounds, 10 ounces. My birth story :)
This week has been a big one as far as my little baby. I am 16 weeks today, and Sunday the 26th, at my nephew's dedication, was the first time I felt REAL movement. Ever since then, Doodad has been moving and kicking like crazy! We will soon find out if it's a boy or a girl, and I am VERY excited to find out. The picture below was taken about five minutes ago :) I am definitely showing. Poor baby has nowhere to go but out.
In other news: we put up the Christmas tree. I begged and begged Jordan for a big tree, and we ended up finding a 7' prelit tree at a thrift store for $17.50. We didn't have a place to store it, so I ended up just decorating it. I love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment