Thursday, August 8, 2013

37 Weeks

37 weeks already! It won't be long at all before my littlest girl makes her appearance, and I am very ready to meet her! After I went into labor just shy of 34 weeks, I thought for sure she would get here before I reached 37 weeks. Especially considering the way I felt that week. But, things have calmed down, and she has held on another three weeks!

While I am very excited and ready to meet this little girl, I also know that she is much easier to take care of NOW, on the inside. I have 15 days until my scheduled c-section, and now I am trying to enjoy this time with Evie and Catherine. We have made many trips to the park, and spend lots of time snuggling. The girls seem excited about their new baby sister, but I'm not sure they fully understand what's going on. Having a brand new sister is going to be a big change for them, but we've done this once before, so we'll get through that adjustment period eventually!

While I am still feeling pretty good, I am getting uncomfortable. It's pretty unavoidable at this point. I am trying to rest up as much as possible now, because I know how exhausted I'll be in the weeks after surgery and with a newborn. If the ultrasound three weeks ago was correct, she is now somewhere around 8 pounds, and OUT OF ROOM. I'm having a lot of back pain, and she is continuously pressing against my ribcage, which makes it hard to breathe. Her movements are no longer as big as they were before, but I still love feeling those kicks and wiggles.

I had an appointment on Monday and my doctor told me everything looks ready to go. So as soon as my contractions decide to cause some progression, my baby girl will be here! But if nothing else, the countdown is set at 15 days. 15 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment