Yesterday I took my big girls to the pediatrician for their 3 year and 21 month appointments. Evie is a petite yet perfect 28 pounds and 36 inches tall. That puts her in about the 10th percentile for her age group. She easily completed the 3 year developmental sheet, and was a total sweetheart throughout the appointment.
Catherine is a tiny little thing, at 19 1/4 pounds and 32 1/4 inches tall. She's in about the 10th percentile for height and the 2nd percentile for weight. She also easily completed the 1 year developmental sheet and was absolutely hamming it up during the appointment. She apparently loves our pediatrician, and wouldn't stop climbing into his lap and playing with him. He seemed quite amused by her friendliness. I was complimented several times on what good and sweet and friendly girls I have. Nothing like a nice ego boost at the pediatrician's office!
Today I am 36 weeks pregnant and eagerly awaiting the arrival of my third daughter. At my appointment today I received an unexpected ultrasound to check her position. Everything looked great, and we managed to spot a little bit of hair on her head. It doesn't look like we'll have another Evie on our hands (kind of bummed, I wanted another hairy baby!) but maybe we'll get a little peach fuzz from all this heartburn I've had.
The past couple weeks have been difficult on me, and to be honest, I'm a little surprised she isn't here yet. I'm wondering now if she's changed her mind about being early! Only 3 weeks and 2 days until my scheduled c-section, so no matter what she will be here SOON. I'm glad I managed to freeze some meals because I can't be on my feet much anymore. I am enjoying these couple weeks of pregnancy, but I am also very ready for her to be here and for me to have my body back. Well, mostly. I'll still be nursing for the next year or so, so I won't FULLY have my body back for a while.
This pregnancy has been such a blessing. There have been some difficult times, but I have loved carrying this baby girl these 8 months, and I look forward to seeing how she fits into our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment