Wednesday, August 14, 2013

New Territory


Have I ever mentioned that I hate bathroom selfies? Yeah, I am so not a fan. But it's a lot of a work to set up the camera and timer and take a decent picture of myself... so this is easier. And at least I've been able to document how huge I've gotten!

I am 38 weeks today, which is new territory for me. I've never made it to 38 weeks before! I wake up in the morning and now wonder if today is the day! But, honestly, I don't mind waiting. I have been reasonably comfortable, and with my doctor out of town this week, I'm fine with waiting the 9 days until my scheduled c-section. It's just so unreal to me that she's held on this long, especially after trying to make an extra early appearance at (almost) 34 weeks!

Jordan and I finally settled on her middle name, which has been quite a weight lifted. I am looking forward to seeing her, putting a face with the name, learning how big she is, kissing those sweet fingers and toes and precious baby lips. I look forward to seeing how she fits into our family, what her personality will be like. I feel so very blessed to be given a third chance at raising a daughter. God must think I'm doing something right!

We will see you soon, Baby Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment