Sunday, November 8, 2015
Evie's Progress Report
Being as we homeschool, Evie doesn't get a report card. But she deserves to have her progress recorded just like everyone else!
Evie is doing fantastically in Kindergarten. We started her on new math and phonics curriculum (Math-u-See and Logic of English, respectively) and she has taken to both very well. She is flying through both of them and we will soon be through the first LOE book. We are taking our time with the math, but most things she picks up on right away.
She can be stubborn and likes to tell me that she doesn't know something when I know she does. She loves doing Science experiments and art projects, and loves listening to her Classical Conversations CD.
We have been taking it pretty easy this year. I try to do a lot with her and involve her in a lot of things so that she can learn through experiences and play. She has recently been asking about the moon and why it looks different some nights, so I think we will start studying moon phases soon.
She is doing awesome at reading and loves to sound out words and write them down just for fun. She is constantly telling me what phonogram certain words start with. Sometimes I'm just blown away with all that she has retained with our short (45 minute) school days.
Evie is a joy to teach and adds so much to our classroom. It certainly wouldn't be the same without her. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment