Monday, October 19, 2015

Catherine's Rainbow Puffin Birthday

There is a cute show on Netflix called Puffin Rock. I believe it's an Irish TV show, and it's seriously adorable. It's about a little puffin named Oona and her baby brother, Baba. The girls love this show, and Catherine wasted no time requesting a puffin cake for her birthday.

I couldn't find any cute little Puffin Rock toys to use as cake toppers, and my artistic skills just are not good enough to attempt to draw a puffin on a cake. So I found a picture online, printed in onto cardstock, and made that work. Since the picture also featured a rainbow, we used that in our decorating and really went crazy with the colors.

The girls helped me mix the batter for the rainbow cake, which was fairly easy but dirtied a lot of bowls.



And in leu of handwriting during school that day, Evie wrote the letters on the birthday banner. She did such a great job! 


The finished cake was super cute and Catherine LOVED it. They helped put the sprinkles on and Catherine stuck on the big "4".


Her party included her grandparents and her Aunt Abby, and while it wasn't huge she had a great time. Catherine isn't much of a people person, so she tends to have really toned down parties. I wanted to go big this year, so we went all out with decorations and balloons, pizza, and delicious hot chocolate in the crock pot. She had a blast!





I took a few more pictures on our good camera (these are all cell phone shots) but I haven't gotten to those yet. Hopefully these still get the point across. 

Oh! And the cake got a couple "ooo"s and "ah"s after I cut it.


It looked really cool, and tasted great! I hope Catherine felt as important as she is to us. I so enjoyed celebrating the birth of our little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment