Monday, September 28, 2015

Battle of the Sexes, Round 4

Okay, it's not much of a battle. We found out a week ago at my 16 week appointment that our newest addition is another bouncing baby girl!

For the first time ever, we have a shy one. As soon as the tech went to take a peek the baby tucked her little feet up under her butt and the umbilical cord was between her legs. SO there is a slight possibility we could still have a baby boy on our hands, but the tech was doubtful.

We assumed from the beginning that this baby would be a girl, and while I would have loved to add a baby boy to our family, I wanted another daughter. And it has little to do with not having to buy stuff, because that's totally inaccurate. We thought we were done after Emiliana was born and I got rid of almost all our baby stuff, including most of the clothes for that first year. So, this baby will receive a new wardrobe, a new car seat, a new swing, new bottles... pretty much a new everything. Woo!

I just really like the idea of 4 girls. My aunt had 4 girls, and I've always admired the relationship my cousins have with each other and their mother, and I hope I can have that in the future. I looked past the baby stage into what my life will be like when the girls are grown and have families of their own, and I like what I see.

Evie and Catherine are ecstatic. They both wanted a new baby sister. Catherine has requested this one have yellow hair, like she does, and I'm not sure I can give her that. Evie just wants her to be here. And so do I. We are so excited for our finale to get here, but until then I am enjoying these last few months that I will ever be pregnant.

We can't wait to meet you, Baby Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment