1) Get in control of our finances.
We did really well with this. I have a budget notebook and we stick to it pretty well. CHECK
2) Eat at home more.
We didn't stick to the one dinner and one lunch I had written specifically, but we did eat at home more. CHECK
3) Knit a sweater for my kids for Christmas.
Okay, I didn't do this. But I did knit a sweater for both Evie and Catherine.
4) Continue to nurse Emiliana until at least her birthday.
CHECK! She finally weaned right before Christmas at 16 months.
5) Make it through the Bible.
I read the entire Bible and finished in November. I started again yesterday :) CHECK
6) Spend more time with my kids and less time on the internet.
CHECK!
My 2015 resolutions are as follows:
1) Do more as a family. We went to the Air and Space Museum with Jordan's brothers and dad when they were in town for Christmas and it made me realize that we really need to do more of that. More museums. More fun stuff. More stuff as a family. So, we have a trip to the water park planned in a couple weeks and I'm going to sign us up for a 5k in April! My plan is to do something big together at least once a month.
2) Save more. I'm talking our savings account here. I have specifics in mind, but don't feel the need to broadcast our finances :)
3) Don't let anyone steal my joy. This is a matter of the heart. I spent a lot of life letting the fear of what others think, and the actions of others, take away my joy. And that needs to stop. I have been praying hard on this, and I'm just tired of feeling bad. I'm tired of others making me feel bad about who I am or where I am in life. I am fearfully and wonderfully made by a God who has never failed to care for me. And He doesn't want anyone to steal my joy!
I am looking forward to all that 2015 has to offer me. Here's to a new year!
No comments:
Post a Comment