The Decor:
To kind of ground all the pink and gold, I also added in a lot of ivory and some charcoal gray. I am really happy with how the decorations turned out.
| Her highchair throne |
| The banner |
| E... and some lemons |
| More balloons! |
| The 1st Birthday plates are actually left over from EVIE'S party 3 1/2 years ago! |
The Menu:
The party was at 3:00 in the afternoon, so we did not provide a meal. I knew my nephew with severe milk and egg allergies would be there, so we opted for everything to be Isaiah proof. We had strawberries, watermelon, Oreos, and popcorn popped with coconut oil. For drinks we had raspberry lemonade and some sodas. I really tried to stick to the pink, gold, ivory, and gray theme here.
The Cake:
It took a lot to finally get to the strawberry/lemon combination I decided on, but it was amazing. I wanted Isaiah to be able to join in on the cake so I made these vegan, as well as the other food. My nephew, Micah, had a party the day before, and I was able to take some leftover cupcakes to decorate. I iced them with pink vanilla frosting. I made strawberry cupcakes and strawberry frosting (both with fresh strawberries) and lemon cupcakes and lemon frosting, and frosted them in several combinations. My favorite was the strawberry cake with lemon frosting, but they were all good. (I may have eaten two. Or four. I love cake.)
| One of the few cupcakes to get a swirl of both frostings! |
It was a little lopsided, but i was able to use a little Corningware dish which made it the perfect size for fat baby fingers. The cake itself was a simple (and delicious) vanilla, frosted with strawberry and lemon rosettes. I am very pleased with how it turned out.
| Emiliana liked it, too! |

No comments:
Post a Comment