Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Introducing...

The month before our wedding Jordan and I bought a car. We were 19. Broke. In love. Dumb. You know. So we bought a car we could barely afford; a silver 2000 Toyota Celica. We loved that car.


That car was there for us when we got married, we took it on our honeymoon, we took it to Atlanta, we took it to Disney World for our first anniversary... that car saw a lot of miles in the two years we had it.

And then I had to go and get pregnant. I quit my job. I ate Oreos. And the car that we could barely afford to begin with was really becomming a financial burden. As my due date approached we realized the car needed some work. Tires. Expensive tires. It needed to be inspected. It needed a couple other small things. So we sold it. For way less than we wanted to sell it for.


I was something like 34 weeks pregnant with Evangeline when someone came to buy the car. There had been a snow storm. We said goodbye to our first baby to make room for our actual human baby. It was worth it. Mostly. I'm kidding, of course; it was totally worth it. Most of the time.

Jordan had been talking about buying a new car for about a year now. And any time he saw a car he liked he always compared it to the Celica. But we couldn't find one like OUR Celica. They were too expensive or needed too much work or had an automatic transmission. And then on New Year's my cousin's fiance made a connection.

SHE was the one who bought our Celica nearly four years before. She came after the snow when I was hugely pregnant and bought the car. Jordan told her to let him know if she ever wanted to sell it. She contacted us a couple weeks later and said that since she was getting married she really didn't need it anymore.

So we bought our Celica. For the second time.


It's a little unbelievable to me. But I'm glad to have it back. It brings back a lot of lovely memories of when it was just the two of us. Before the chaos of our children engulfed our lives. It's been very fun to look out the window and see it waiting there for us. Ah, we are glad to have you back, Celly.

No comments:

Post a Comment