It's really hard to believe that Evie is four already. It's actually a little terrifying knowing how fast this four years went, and that the next four years will go by just as fast. Gah. She's growing up.
When I asked Evie (back in January) what she wanted for her Birthday, she said without missing a beat, "An Iron Man cake." She was insistent on an Iron Man cake. I'm not really sure where her obsession with Iron Man originated. She had an Iron Man shirt a couple years ago (that Emiliana wore to the party) and that seems to be what started it. Then we allowed her to play Lego Marvel Super Heroes on the PS4 and it kind of all went downhill from there. ANYWAY. She wanted an Iron Man cake.
Hence the Avengers party. I had a ton of fun planning this thing. I found cute comic book themed party invitations and mailed them out to family and a couple of her friends, and was surprised when only a few people couldn't come. Somewhere around 40 people ended up in my little house. It was very cozy. And very loud. And very awesome.
I made the city scape background out of black poster board and yellow construction paper. I'm not very artisitic, but I'm very happy with how it turned out! For food we had:
- Iron Man Armor (chips)
- Hawkeye's Arrows (celery, carrots, and cucumber cut into spears)
- Thor's Hammers (cheese and pretzel sticks)
- Black Widow Fruit Blasts (apples and grapes) and
- Pepper Potts (Jordan came up with idea to put bell peppers in a pot. It was pretty hilarious)
The drink table consisted of:
- Hulk Punch (lime flavored punch)
- Loki-ade (lemonade)
- Captain America's Sweet Tea and
- Jotunheim Ice--melted (water)
And then there was the cake. Which I did not make myself. Thank you, Martins! It was quite tasty! I stuck a little toy Iron Man we had on there and a couple of candles and the Birthday Girl was very happy with her Iron Man cake!
Happy Birthday, baby girl! We love you!
I was totally cool with her turning four. I hadn't been very emotional about it. Then we sang Happy Birthday to her and I teared up. My precious firstborn, four years old. Goodness. I just had to go give her a hug and a kiss.
Thank you for everyone who joined us. Evie is such a special little girl, she deserves to be celebrated! And even though it was cold and snowy and we couldn't enjoy the patio furniture I bought specifically for this occassion... It was truly a good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment