Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Williamsburg!

My family has a small (not so small) obsession with a BBQ joint called Pierce's. It's located in Williamsburg, about three hours from us. We used to go when we made the drive to visit Mimi, but since she passed away on Evie's Birthday last year we haven't made that trip. Jordan and I have talked about how we have to take Emiliana. We have pictures of Evie and Catherine on their first trip to Pierce's, and we HAD to take Emmy.

A couple weeks ago a friend from Michigan mentioned that she was going to Williamsburg, so after running it by Jordan we decided to crash her vacation so that we could get some barbeque. We were going to make it a day trip, but when Jordan realized he had a random three day weekend we made a mini vacation out of it. We asked Jordan's brother if we could crash at their new home in Richmond, and off we went!

The whole trip was just amazing. The girls had such a great time playing with their cousins. Emiliana fell in love with my almost-three-year-old nephew, Isaiah, and all the kids just had a blast. Jordan and I enjoyed spending some time with his brother and his wife, and we even managed to get a little sleep.

On Sunday we left after breakfast to meet up with my friends. Meeting up with them was a really cool thing because Marie and I had never met in person. When I was pregnant with Evie I joined a group on the Babycenter online forum. Almost five years later a handful of us still chat daily. We are now in a group on Facebook, and I have grown to love these women and their children. Seeing her was really amazing. Our families hit it off immediately.
Evie (born March 26, 2010) and Owen (born April 3, 2010)
We weren't entirely sure what we were going to do that day, but ended up buying tickets to Colonial Williamsburg and really enjoyed it!

Maddie, Catherine, Owen, and Ben on the Shuttle
Evie modeling a hat in one of the shops

Watching them make yarn. I really liked this.

Taking a tour of the Capitol

Emiliana looking at some horses
Me and my girls. 

Evie and the stick she carried the entire day

Emiliana loved my lanyard. She fell asleep holding it. 
And then, of course, we decided to get some dinner. At Pierce's *cue harp music*. Unfortunately Jordan and I got turned around in Colonial Williamsburg and it took us like an hour to get to our car. We were pretty much done at that point. Food. Now. Marie and her family followed us there, and as usual the food was fantastic.

Commemorative first Pierce's photo 
Totally worth the trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment