Monday, January 6, 2014
Fierce
My family has been fighting a cold for a couple weeks now. Nothing major, just one after another we have passed on this runny/stuffy nose and sore throat. Evie briefly had a cough. Virginia weather means it's 70 one day and snowing the next, so every winter we seem to just ping pong some kind of illness.
Catherine was having trouble getting to sleep and staying asleep all night. This is unusual for her because she's the one who generally goes right down and then sleeps for 12-14 hours with no interruptions. She seemed to be over her cold, so I figured she was getting her molars in (she is) and hoped she would start sleeping better soon.
This morning she woke up very unhappy and Jordan said she was grabbing at her ear. I asked her if her ear hurt, and she said yes, but she also said that her knee and nose hurt, so I wasn't sure if I could trust her. She snuggled up on my lap and then she threw up. Okay. Time to go to the doctor.
She threw up once in the car and again at the office. When the doctor came in she saw that she has a nasty ear infection, and said that some kids get pukey when they have ear infections. So we got her some Zofran and an antibiotic. She fell asleep in her car seat snuggling her puppy on the way home (I bought her a stuffed dog from Kohl's because I'm a sucker and can't help but spoil my kids when they're sick). She never sleeps in the car, so I know she doesn't feel well.
But she is the toughest little thing. She barely made a peep about her ear, she just touched it a couple times. And she didn't fuss or anything while she was throwing up. I hate when they are sick, but I'm so thankful it's only an ear infection and that she isn't contagious. I know she will be feeling better soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment