Thursday, January 2, 2014
4 Months Old!
A year ago I was told that the life growing inside me may not make it. The first ultrasound I had with Emiliana showed no heartbeat, just a little sac where a baby was supposed to be. But that little blip grew. And grew. And grew. And today I have a very healthy 4 month old.
She is now 16 pounds 8 ounces and 25 1/2 inches long. 90th percentile for her age, and the average size of a six month old. She is huge.
She is also doing many things on a 6 month level, and our pediatrician was very impressed with her sitting. He said she is doing it as well as a 6-7 month old. She is rolling, army crawling, talking, laughing, and loves to chew on EVERYTHING. Everything she can get her fat little fists around, goes right into the mouth. We haven't started her on solids, yet, but I did give her a bite of pureed peas just to see what she would do. She took one bite really well, then gagged and spat the second bite out. We'll wait a little longer before introducing solids again, and I'd really like to try more of a baby led approach and skip the baby food altogether. But we'll play it by ear.
She is so different from her sisters. She is so much bigger, and doing things so much more quickly. It's so bittersweet. With Evie I begged her to grow up, to go on to the next thing. And while I am happy to see Emiliana grow so well I am not pushing a thing. She can stay a baby for as long as she wants.
She is truly a gift. All of them are, but this sweet girl has made our family all the better. I don't know what we would do without her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment