Saturday, January 25, 2014

5 Months!


She's growing up fast, people! Five months old already! Emiliana is an incredible baby, busy learning and soaking up what the world has to give her. She's 17 1/2 pounds now, and probably about 26 inches long (I don't really know, though, it's hard to measure a wiggly babby). She is rolling, babbling, sitting, and LOVES to stand. This kid has some serious leg strength. I still have to hold her while she does it, but it's pretty much her favorite thing ever.

I introduced her to some solid food this past week. That was kind of a fail. I guess we'll wait a little bit longer.  Forget the stinkin' avocados, she's all about the breastmilk. And while everything else in the world goes right into her mouth, apparently food is not one of them. Well, solid food. Obviously she's eating well!

The big girls are busy being toddlers. Evie will soon be FOUR YEARS OLD and she's amazing. She loves to sing and dance and write her name. She loves to draw. She is recently OBSESSED with super heros. She's always been an Iron Man fan but since Jordan got me Lego Marvel Super Heros (game for the PS4) she has been on super hero overdrive. She asked for an Iron Man cake for her birthday, so I'm excited to have an Avengers party for her! What an awesome kid I have!

Catherine is Catherine. She is my strong willed child. She is a daily challenge, always testing me. But she's my little buddy, sometimes I feel like it's us against the world. Although, most of the time I feel like it's me against her, in a constant battle for power. She may be tiny, but she insists that she's in charge. She has become very talkative, and while I was concerned before that her speech wasn't where it should be she has made a huge jump. Sometimes what she says surprises me. There is so much intelligence wrapped up in that tiny little body. That kid will rule the world.

Jordan and I are just truckin' along. Overworked, underslept, but so very happy. These are good days, and we are making the most of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment