Tuesday, November 26, 2013

3 Months!


 Emiliana is now three months old! She is still quite the little whopper, approaching 15 pounds and 24 inches long. She is wearing 6 months clothes, but can fit into 6-12 month stuff (which is horrifying). She is also sleeping six hour stretches at night, which is so nice for me! I am very impressed with her development because she seems to be doing things so much more quickly than her sisters did. She started rolling at 2 1/2 months (Catherine was 3 1/2 months, and Evie was much older than that) and she is already tucking her knees under her like she's trying to crawl (I don't see her crawling for a few more months, but I can't believe she's already practicing!). She is smiling, laughing, talking... her new discovery is her hands. They are rarely out of her mouth!


I have been a little distressed because her hair is falling out. It was never as thick and long as Evie's hair (Evie had to have a haircut at three months...) and the texture mimics the way Catherine's was before it all fell out and turned blond. So I don't know. I hope she doesn't go bald. Catherine went bald and didn't really have any hair until... well... last week. BUT I totally can't control that. I just hate to see her long dark hair thinning out.

As for the big girls, they have been awesome. Evie seemed to have a sudden turn around and is listening much better than before. She still doesn't like to pick up her toys, but it isn't the huge battle that it was. And she is going to bed AMAZINGLY. It seems we have been battling bedtime with her since she was born, and it's so nice just to tuck her in at night, give her a kiss, and have her sleep all night in her own room.

Catherine has hit the terrible twos. Hard. We kind of knew she would be one of those terrible two year olds since she was a baby. This little girl has always had a spitfire of a personality. She's good, though. So sweet, but she is opinionated. And scrappy. And a little dramatic.

They are really excited about the new Disney movie Frozen that's coming out this week. They saw a preview for it while watching Monster's University and have been obsessed ever since. Catherine has an adorable way of saying "snoh-mahn" in her little raspy voice. I love it.

My mom also decided to show them the video for What Does the Fox Say, and I've listened to that pretty much constantly ever since. The Fox, according to Evie, now says "Wah-pow-pow-pow".

Thanksgiving is this week, so the holidays are officially upon us! Hard to believe another year is coming to an end. How quickly the time goes once you have children...

No comments:

Post a Comment