Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Big News!


We received a very special Christmas present this year.  One night about two weeks ago I had a craving for caprese salad. I craved tomatoes with Catherine, and I remember one of my very first cravings with Evie was vinaigrette dressing, which I usually don't like. That kind of tipped me off that something might be going on. The following morning I got one of these bad boys:


I was doing the 12 Days of Christmas with Jordan, where I gave him a present a day for 12 days. It was day 2, so I wrote on a piece of paper "On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me... two new tiny baby feet." It took him a minute to get it, but then he gave me kiss and we proceeded to talk about how crazy life will be with three kids. Three!

I told a few friends, one of which is a professional photographer, and she asked if we wanted to do an announcement shoot. She came over a couple days later and took pictures for us. It was a lot of fun, and she was so happy for us. The pictures came out great, and it helped make the pregnancy feel a little more real for us.

We had planned to tell our families on Christmas, but that didn't work out. I was with my parents on Christmas Eve, and my mom was very excited about the alcoholic beverages she had bought for us. I ended up having to say, "Mom, I can't." "Why not? Are you driving?" "No. Catherine is going to be a big sister." After a few seconds of blank stares Mom clapped and Dad gave me a kiss and my sister congratulated me. It was great.

We told Jordan's family that night, as well. Jordan's mom had been bugging us for a family picture for about a year now. (I know. We're awesome.) So we got a picture of the four of us printed, then printed the announcement photo. I found a frame at Target that said "The greatest gift of all" in their Christmas section. It couldn't have been more perfect. I bought two and framed a picture for both our families.

Jordan told them that he finally got a picture of the four of us! And handed them a picture, then said "But, we realized that it's going to be outdated, so we thought you might like this one instead." And gave them the framed picture. They were shocked, but happy for us.

We are very excited about our new bundle of joy due to arrive in August. I can't wait to meet him or her!

No comments:

Post a Comment