I saw this idea on Pinterest the other day. Scripture scraps. This lady got the idea after her son repeated back a bunch of nursery rhymes from a book they read. She decided that if he can memorize nursery rhymes like that, then maybe she should start reading him scripture. Something with actual meaning.
I thought this was a wonderful idea. So I made my own. I am SO happy with the way it turned out. It took a lot of work, but I loved making it. Evie sat with me a good portion of the time and colored, so at least I had company!
Here are a few of the pages:
| On the inside cover |
| I am so proud of that candle. I drew it myself. And I have no artistic talent at all. |
I have read it to the girls a few times, and so far they have just tried to pull all the pictures off. Oh well. I'm sure they'll like it more as they grow older, and hopefully we read it so much that it falls apart and I have to make another one.
No comments:
Post a Comment