Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Evie's 2 Year Appointment

We took both girls to the pediatrician yesterday for their check ups.  Evie, like her sister, is a tiny little thing.  22 pounds and a little over 33 inches tall, which puts her below the 5th percentile in weight and a little under the 50th for height.  But she is smart. Super smart.  She passed all the two-three year developmental milestones, and the ped says she is "way ahead".  I'm so proud of her! 

Evie has become more challenging since turning two.  I wouldn't say we've hit the "terrible" twos, but definitely the "trying" twos.  She is hard headed, and stubborn, and knows what she wants.  I can't really complain, because she's just like me.  We do tend to butt heads, but then she'll come over and snuggle on my lap and give me a hug and a kiss, and I just melt.

We've been working on counting with her.  She can count to 10 will some help, but counting is usually just "One. Two. One. Two. One. Two." She was counting like this one day with her crayons, and when I asked her how many crayons she had (she had about 10 laid out) she looks at me like I'm an idiot and replied very matter-of-factly, "Teeoo."  Duh.

Jordan and I also caught her singing the alphabet this morning. "A O A O I E O A I E B R O A!" She's a genius.

Evie is such an amazing little girl, and I have so much love for her.  I cannot imagine a life without her.  I'm so lucky to have such amazing little girls in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment