Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Evie's First Fourth

Sunday was the 4th of July, and we had quite the day!  My two oldest nephews, Nathan and Jared, were baptized that morning at Highland Retreat, and we spend the morning there. I am so proud of them!  It's so amazing that my nephews have chosen to walk with Christ.  I can't believe how grown up they are.  I look at them and I'm slowly starting to realize that they aren't little kids anymore; they're growing up.  Of course, Nathan is taller than me now... and Jared is quickly catching up.  Lame.  Anyway, I'm so proud of you, Nathan and Jared!!

After the baptizm we went to my parents' house and Evie napped with my parents while Jordan, Abby, and I went swimming.  It was at least 400 degrees outside, so it was AMAZING to get into the water.  We were there all evening, and got home at 9:30 (Abby came with us) and we were able to see some fireworks from our deck.  I don't think Evangeline was terribly interested... but at least she got to see a few.

It was a good day all in all, although the outdoor church service in 90 degree weather was a little intense, we still had a wonderful time.

Cuddling with Mommy at the baptizm


Being incredibly cute


Checking out the people


Being held by Cousin Bethany


Trying to get her paci


Just adorable


Cudding with Granddad while Mommy and Daddy swim

Happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment