The "ugh" is more of a "when is this going to be over?" With my due date getting really close, and my midwives telling me that I probably won't make it to said due date (which they have as the 12th, by the way) I think it's finally starting to sink it that my baby will be here soon. Really soon. 3.5 weeks. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?
Even though I am extremely uncomfortable both physically and mentally (darn hormones) I am enjoying these last few weeks of being pregnant more than I did earlier in pregnancy. I know my daughter, I know her personality. I know that she gets the hiccups every time I eat, I know when she's asleep and when she's going to wake up. I know when she's annoyed with me and when she's just playing around. I love that she recognizes the sound of my voice. I love the always kicks whenever my father in law says something. I love that she goes crazy when she hears one of her cousins cry. She's feisty, she's active, and I already love her so much, and I know that my love for her will only intensify. I have realized that I know this beautiful child better than anyone else in the world. It won't always be like that, but for now, I kind of want to hold on to it.
I am so looking forward to her coming into this world. I can't wait to hold her and nurse her and watch her grow. I can't wait to see what she looks like. Will she favor me or Jordan? What color will her hair be? Will it be straight like mine or curly like Jordan's? I know that no matter what she looks like, she will be the most beautiful person in the world to me, and I just can't wait for her to be here.
It really won't be long now...
No comments:
Post a Comment