Since I started gardening this year, I've become a little obsessed with fresh produce. Stuff just tastes so much better when it's home grown. Catherine requested that we grow strawberries this year so I bought two little plants just to humor her. We've gotten two strawberries. And one was eaten by a bird. So, Jordan and I loaded up the kids (including Grant, the little boy I babysit) and took them to a strawberry patch. We had $12 in cash and were told that would get us about half a box, so off we went.
The people were really great and told the kids they could eat as many strawberries as they wanted. Which is good, because after releasing Emiliana into the field we realized it would be difficult to keep her from eating them.
Mmm, good stuff.
And they tasted amazing! Especially all the funny shaped ones like these:
Once we got home I made up a fresh strawberry pie, and it was almost too pretty to eat.
But no, we scarfed the bad boy down. I want to go back once more with more cash so that I can stock up and make some jam and more pie. Unless, of course, our two little plants decide to start producing some major berries. Unlikely.
No comments:
Post a Comment