Friday, February 12, 2016

The Calm Before the Storm

A week from today our daughter will join us on the outside. And I am so ready to meet her. I have not enjoyed this pregnancy as much as I would have hoped. It's been stressful, painful, and a little emotionally charged. I, of course, love to feel her moving and kicking, but I'm ready for her to be in my arms.

On Sunday morning Evie came into my room telling me that Catherine threw up on her pillow. And that's when it started. The Sickness. Monday night Evie woke around 11 crying, saying she threw up. She was sick all night long, and I was up with her. Jordan told me he felt bad, too, and went downstairs. He was sick all night and all of Tuesday. I was terrified I was going to get sick. 36 weeks pregnant, I didn't want to be throwing up for 12 hours. Nope.

And then the day got worse. We received news that Jordan's grandfather, affectionately known as Culby, died in a house fire. He was pulled from his home the night before, but died Tuesday morning. It came as quite the shock, and Jordan and I could hardly process the news with everything else that was going on.

On Wednesday everyone seemed okay. No one was sick. Evie still wasn't eating much, but she seemed okay. Emmy and I hadn't gotten sick. I thought we were in the clear.

Thursday I planned to take Evie out for breakfast because she's been really clingy lately and I thought she could use the one on one time. I had an appointment that morning, so I figured she could come with me and then we'd get some breakfast. But she just wasn't acting right. She obviously didn't feel well. So, I decided to take Catherine with me and told Evie she could go on a date with Daddy soon.

I was walking out the door of my OB's office when Jordan called and told me that Evie was throwing up, and even worse, Emmy was too. That was it. I was holding onto the hope that I wouldn't get The Sickness because Emmy hadn't had it either. At that point I felt my hours were numbered. I took Catherine into Martins to get donuts and "sick food" then we headed home.

That all leads to today. Emmy was sick all day yesterday until about midnight when her fever broke. I am still, somehow, healthy. I'm pretty sure it's the will of God at this point.

I am hoping that this next week is a true calm before our baby is born. 7 more days. 7 more days!




No comments:

Post a Comment