Sunday, July 19, 2015

In Which We Decide Three Isn't Enough


I feel incredibly blessed to be able to write this post. After six months of trying, we found out at the end of June that we were finally pregnant with our precious fourth child. There were complications during Emiliana's birth and we weren't sure if we would ever have another baby. And when months went by with no luck, I began to wonder if maybe something was wrong. My first three children were conceived very easily, and by the time June rolled around I had all but lost hope. A few close friends knew we were trying and I asked them to just cover me in prayer. I was angry at God, because I have been praying over this baby for a year and a half. Before we even knew we wanted a fourth child, I was praying over it, asking God to put it on my heart if He wanted us to have another. So when months went by and nothing happened I questioned God. I asked Him why he would put it on my heart to have another then not let it happen.

I believe now that God was humbling me. I went to church one Sunday and asked for prayer. I didn't say why, but just said that I needed prayer. Two weeks later, feeling completely defeated and sure it would be one more month that it just wasn't going to happen, I found out I was pregnant. I didn't tell Jordan in any special way, I ran down the hall and showed him the test; shaking and totally unsure if what I was seeing was real. But it was positive!

God has shown me amazing grace in the past couple weeks since I first got that positive test. I again asked for prayer from those closet to me when complications arose last week. And God answered that prayer, he kept my baby safe, and on Friday I had an ultrasound that showed me that beautiful beating heart. 

Estimated due date: March 10, 2016!

So I'm asking now for my friends to continue to cover me and this new life in prayer. Pray that he or she grows to be a happy, healthy, beautiful baby. 

Here's to the next 9 (8ish) months!

No comments:

Post a Comment