Thursday, July 30, 2015

8 Weeks!

One of my friends, after learning of my pregnancy, told me, "I have a feeling this one is going to keep you on your toes!" That keeps coming back to me, because the past few weeks have proven that statement true.

Without going into too much detail, I've had some complications that generally aren't good to see in early pregnancy. I went in for an ultrasound at 6 weeks for these complications and they could find no cause for them. When it continued to happen they set up another appointment for yesterday. They are still unable to find anything wrong with me or the baby, and see no cause for what's happening. So, they told me not to worry about it.


The baby has its back turned, its head of on the left and its body on the right. You can see an arm bud and a leg bud sticking up. We saw a few tiny wiggles, too, and a strong heart rate of 170 beats per minute, up from the 125 beats two weeks ago. So far it looks perfect! I have another ultrasound next week to just keep an eye on things. They want to be sure my placenta does attach itself to my c-section scar, because that would be bad. Very bad. So please pray that doesn't happen, it could cause serious complications.

Other than that things have been going pretty well. I'm feeling okay. Most days I feel great but I have a few bad days mixed in. As long as I eat frequently morning sickness doesn't seem to be much of a problem. I have had to cut out my daily cup of coffee, the acidity is killing me. So I've been exhausted. But I really can't complain, my husband has been a big help and the girls have tried to make my life a little easier. They are very sweet and so excited about their new baby brother or sister. They will tell anyone close by that "Mommy has a new baby in her tummy!"


Excuse my haggard appearance. This whole "no coffee" thing is no fun.

Even though the first few weeks have indeed kept me on my toes, I'm hoping things are smooth sailing from now on. Keep my family and our little gummy bear in your prayers, we certainly appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment