Sunday, October 19, 2014

Catherine's Sofia Party

We knew Catherine wouldn't have a big party this year since we're going to Disney in three weeks. But, I love parties. So I asked Catherine what kind of cake she wanted and invited her grandparents over for cake. Catherine was a little indecisive on the cake. First it was Frozen. Then Finding Nemo. Then Jake and the Neverland Pirates. Then Mickey Mouse. Then she settled on Sofia the First and I made her stick to it. Jordan's parents are in Atlanta, so we had a very small lunch party with my parents. Catherine didn't seem bothered, and really enjoyed herself.

Evie has been wanting to carve a pumpkin, so we decided to make that a pre-party activity. We've never done it before and it was a lot of fun! I let the girls draw faces on with a permanent marker then tried to carve out what they drew. They turned out so cute.

Evie's pumpkin (she decided later to draw on triangle eyes)

Catherine's pumpkin



Catherine's pumpkin all carved up!

Evie's carved pumpkin!


They really are against letting me get a picture of all three of them


After the pumpkin carving we had pizza for lunch and then CAKE. Catherine wanted a castle cake but I'm not that skilled so the best I could manage was a round cake with a tiny layer on top. Whatever. She loved it.



And then we lit the candles and sang to our birthday girl!

"It's my free (three)!"




I wasn't sure what kind of cake to make for her, but found a recipe for purple velvet cake and decided to try it out. It was so satisfying! We cut into it and it was just such a cozy royal purple. Perfect for her royal Mackness.

This really doesn't do it justice. It's definitely more of a deep royal purple.
Everyone loved the cake, and at one point we looked over at Emiliana and saw this:




What a ham.

Happy Birthday, Catherine! I loved celebrating you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment