Catherine and Emiliana had check ups today. They were awesome!
Catherine is 2 1/2, and as fiery and fierce as ever. She weighed in at 23 pounds and 35 1/2 inches tall. She is in the 2nd percentile for weight and something like 25th for height. She is (as usual) tiny, but growing great. I was concerned last time about her speech, since she was very difficult to understand. I was pleased to announce that it has improved greatly, and while she is still difficult to understand sometimes she is right where she should be. She's speaking in full sentences and using pronouns (Not always correct ones--everyone is always "her--but our pediatrician said this was fine) we can understand her at least half the time.
He told me she had a heart murmur, which freaked me out until he said that he hears them a lot in kids her age and that it's of absolutely no concern. I'm still a little concerned about it, but I'm sure it's fine :)
Catherine is growing into such an amazing little girl. She is so smart and thoughtful and just... getting big! She knows her letters and we are working on numbers now. When asked her name she says, "I Mackie. Nice uh meetchu." She is still my little snuggler, and can be the sweetest thing on the planet when she wants to be. When she wants to be.
As for Miss Emiliana. She is 21 pounds and 29 inches long. Still 90th percentile. Still a big glob of chubby adorableness. She is on the move. Crawling, pulling up to standing, bear crawling on her hands and feet, getting into everything. She has just learned to wave, and she doesn't really know the correct context to do it. She just randomly yells and babbles "buhbuhbuhbuh". She's very curious and soaks in everything we do. The pediatrician says she looks great and I absolutely agree.
Here's to happy, healthy, daughters!


No comments:
Post a Comment