Thursday, February 20, 2014

26 Weeks

Today Emiliana is 26 weeks old. In honor of that, I shared with Facebook a photo from the day she was born.

This was taken immediately after her birth. I had just been wheeled in from the OR, and had finished nursing her for the first time. I was sore, and tired, and a bit overwhelmed from the whirlwind that was her birth. I love this picture. I love the look on my face. I love that sweet, peaceful baby sleeping next to me. I love that I am tired, and blissful, and full of peace in this picture. I love that I am a little pale from the loss of blood. When I look at this picture I see the struggle of childbirth, of a c-section. I see the joy in finally meeting my beloved daughter. I see love for my husband, who had been with me every step of the way and was so excited to finally meet his third daughter.

I don't know if anyone else sees what I see. But I can see that feeling of accomplishment. That sigh of relief. That calm after a storm. 26 weeks ago I gave birth to my Emiliana, and it feels like yesterday.

Welcome to the world, Baby Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment