Catherine is all of 20 1/4 pounds (2nd percentile) and 33 1/4 inches tall (25th percentile). She may be small, but she is very healthy and is growing at a decent rate. Our doctor was very impressed with her recent potty training, and was again taken with her very friendly and outgoing personality. I did mention my concerns about her speech. Catherine talks. A lot. She knows a ton of words and will use complete sentences, but usually sticks to 2-3 word combinations. She is, however, very difficult to understand. I know what she is saying because I'm with her all the time and I've learned what her jibberish means. But strangers and even Jordan have a difficult time telling what she is saying. Our doctor said at 24 months she's still in the normal zone, but I am supposed to call in 3-4 months to let him know how her progress has been. If she's not showing improvements we'll start her in a speech program. He commented on her raspy voice and asked if she had allergies. No. She's always had a raspy voice. He then asked if she had acid reflux as a baby. Oh yes. Yes she did. Apparently the acid reflux caused chronic damage to her vocal chords. This is something I had read about, so it wasn't much of a surprise. Maybe she'll be a famous singer with that raspy voice of hers! She is excelling in all areas and is overall a very happy and healthy little girl!
For as small as Catherine is, Emiliana is the exact opposite. She is in the 90th percentile for both weight and height, at 13 1/2 pounds and 23 3/4 inches long. She was very happy for most of the appointment, except for when she got hungry and right after her shots. She is also excelling past her 2 month development and is doing many things at a 3-4 month level. Personally, I'm surprised she can do ANYTHING with that surplus of fat she is carrying around! She did great for her shots, but it was hard on me. After she was poked so many times her first week of life I HATE to see her poked anymore. It never bothered me with the other two, but poor Emmy has been poked enough! They should find a new way to administer vaccines to babies. For real.
I'm very glad that all three of them remain healthy and pray their health and happiness continues!
No comments:
Post a Comment