Wednesday, September 5, 2012

One Thing I Miss...

There are very few things that happen that make me miss the time before I had children.  But when I am sick, I desperately miss spending all day on the couch relaxing, watching TV, and sleeping.  Because when you have kids... that doesn't happen. 

Yes, my household is still under the weather.  Jordan went to the emergency room last Monday (August 27th) with headaches so bad he was throwing up.  A CAT scan and spinal tap later we found out he has meningitis.  It was scary there for a while because they found bacteria, and I was terrified that our girls would get it, and that we would have to burn down our house to get rid of the bacteria.  And of course I was worried about Jordan.  Bacterial meningitis is serious stuff. He spent three days in the hospital and we finally learned that is was viral, that he's not contagious.  He's been home for nearly a week now and he's still pretty sick. 

And to make things worse, Catherine and I are sick again.  A couple nights ago Catherine was up nearly all night coughing and completely inconsolable.  2 hours of sleep does not a happy mom make.  She seems to be on the mend, and hopefully we all are.

But yes, I really miss those times when I could just chill out on the couch and not have to fix dinner for 4 people and still do laundry and change diapers and entertain my two year old who frankly doesn't care how bad you feel, she will demand you play with her...


No comments:

Post a Comment