Friday, July 20, 2012

Update

It has been a busy time in our home.  Catherine is now 9 months old, and is moving around all over the place.  She isn't quite crawling yet, but I expect it will happen any day now.  She loves to dance and bounce and clap when she gets excited or hears music.  She has started mimicking sounds, which is hilarious.  She and Evie get into raspberry blowing fights, and though it's kind of gross, it's also really cute.  She also gets REALLY mad if you take something away from her.  I took Jordan's cell phone from her this morning and she cried, then whacked me in the face.  She also cries "Da da da da da da!" when  she cries.  It's the saddest thing ever. Oh, and she's blond.  It's totally weird after having our very dark haired Evie, to have our little blondee.  But I love it.

Evie is her usual hyper happy sweet trying self.  She talks a mile a minute, and is very insistent that Catherine do anything she is doing.  "Mackogee. Bath. Too?" "Mackogee sleepy too?" Yes, she calls Catherine "Mackogee" which is why her poor sister has awesome nicknames like Mack.  And Mackers.  And Mack Attack.  And Mack Mack Pattywack.  Evie is really into the show "Go Diego Go" which I was against at first.  But while we were in Pennsylvania this weekend visiting my new niece, she picks up a block with a Crocodile on it, takes it to Jordan, and tells him, "Cayman!" She's really starting to get movies and shows now.  If she watches something she'll respond to the situation.  "Uh oh!" "Yay!" And the like. She also loves "My Little Pony" which I totally approve, because I loved it too when I was a kid.

And we finally got our minivan back.  Yes, we paid nearly $5000 to get it fixed, but we took it on the 3 hour drive to PA and have been driving it a good bit.  It's so nice to have it back.

So yeah, that's an update on the girls.  They are growing SO FAST!  I can't believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment