Sometimes it's hard for me to remember to be thankful for everything I have. God has been so good to us, He has provided so much, but I still forget.
When both my girls are crying, when Evie is throwing a tantrum, when Catherine won't stop fussing and won't go to sleep, it is easy for me to forget what a truly amazing blessing they are. How healthy they are.
When I'm cooped up in the house with all the stress of watching two (or three) babies all week, it's easy for me to just lose my freaking mind. I don't always think about how lucky I am to be able to stay home and watch my girls grow up.
When our house is constantly a mess and sometimes already feels too small for our family, I forget how lucky we are to have such an awesome roof over our heads. What an answered prayer this house has been.
My biggest source of stress is our minivan. We were so excited to be able to get something large enough for our family. Something relatively new. Something that we could add a few more kids to someday. After having it for two months the transmission blew, and the dealers fought us tooth and nail over it, even though it was clearly their fault. Someone had doctored it. It's been sitting for nearly 4 months without being driven. And the repair was quoted at $2500-$3000. But, it's getting fixed, and we are still amazingly blessed to have it. We thought we would have to wait a few more years to buy one, but God provided, and even though it has been a huge pain the butt, it's getting fixed, and we will have it back soon. And for that, I am extremely thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment