I feel like I've been slacking on updating on Evie. My blog kind of turned into an all-about-the-belleh blog, and soon (hopefully very soon) it will be about the newbie. But I can't leave out my big girl.
Evie is 18 months old, and every day she amazes me. We've been working on animal sounds. She knows cat (mee mee mee or she makes a hissing sound) dog (voof voof) turkey (geegle geegle) and will occasionally do cow (muuuuh). I also try to do body parts with her, but she only ever points to her belly. Haha!
She's learning a word a day, I swear. Her vocabulary is just awesome. She also is great comedic relief. We're still working on the whole utensils thing, but today she was trying to feed herself applesauce, and it slipped off the spoon and onto the floor. She stepped away from it and very calmly goes, "Upps."
I hope I can continue to be the mommy she needs after the baby gets here. It's hard for me to imagine loving someone else as much as I love my Evangeline, but I know I will. I just hope there is enough Mommy to go around. I'm actually glad that Evie has been in Daddy mode recently, it will be nice when I'm having to constantly tend to a newborn to have an awesome Daddy to spend time with.
Anyway, that's my update for Evie. It's hard to believe she's going to have a little sister when it seems like I just had her a few weeks ago! Wow, she got big fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment