Tuesday, March 8, 2011

6 Weeks

I am 6 weeks pregnant today.  I went in for an ultrasound because I had been spotting for a few days and found out that the baby is perfectly fine.  But I am, again, on moderate bed rest.  Its heart rate was 100bpm, which is fine since it's still so young.  It was so neat to be able to see the little heart flicker on the screen, and such a relief!  She was actually surprised she could pick it up so early.  But I make strong babies.

The only bad thing is that they want me to go for a repeat c-section.  And after thinking about it for a while I'm okay with that.  I may see if I can still do a VBAC, but a CBAC does have pros.  Like, I know if I would try for a VBAC that I will worry my entire pregnancy about it.  And if I try for a VBAC and fail, it will be so much more traumatic than if I just go for a CBAC.  But I don't know.  I know that VBACs are the way to go, but if they won't let me than I don't have much of a choice! I told the midwife that my biggest issue with my c-section was that I didn't get to see Evie for 2 hours after she was born.  And if I have a c-section am I going to be able to hold Evie when I get home?

I'm just praying for some peace of mind and guidance through this.  That's all I know to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment