She had her two month appointment on the 1st. If you don't remember, Evie was 19 inches at birth and 6 lbs 13 ozs (she dropped down to 6 lbs 2 ozs at her smallest) and we had some weight gain issues due to me losing too much blood during the c-section and not producing milk. Well, we no longer have weight gain issues! She is now 22 1/2 inches long and a whopping 10 pounds 14 ounces! That's nearly 5 pounds that she's gained in the 10 weeks of her life. Not to mention the 3 1/2 inch growth spurt. Our pediatrician told us that most babies do NOT grow that much. She went from being in the 25th percentile in height and below the 5th percentile in weight, to being in the 50th percentile for both. So, she's perfect :) As a side note, she's in the 25th percentile for head circumference,which is 15 inches. She is just growing so fast!
She also had a couple shots, which I was worried sick about. I shouldn't have been, because she barely made a sound. She received the Rotavirus vaccine which is given orally, then two shots for DTaP and HIB. She gave a squawk then was perfectly fine. She's so tough.
You can see the band-aid from her shots
I never knew how much I would love her. And love just doesn't even begin to express how I feel about her. Love isn't a strong enough word. I just adore her. She's the most beautiful thing in the world. She's so smart. She's perfect. For some reason God thinks I'm good enough to be her mother, and I will always be thankful for that.
Sticking out her tongue
The tail end of a smile. (She really looks like my sister in this one)
Napping
I just love the look on her face!
Baby kisses!
Her favorite thing: Her fishies
Napping again
One of Tennyson's old onesies (I think she looks adorable in it)
Cracking me up!
With Daddy
I just thought this outfit was cute... I had to take a picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment