Tuesday, February 9, 2010

30 Weeks!

I'm done being pregnant.  No, let me whine for a minute.  Whoever said that pregnancy was a wonderful and beautiful thing must have adopted.  For the most part, I have absolutely HATED being pregnant.  Yes, it's amazing to know that I'm growing real live human being, that I'm bringing a life into this world.  Hearing her heartbeat, and feeling her move is amazing.  But let me just recap my pregnancy so far.

Weeks 5-9: Morning sickness that lasted all day and barely allowed me to get off the couch.  I couldn't eat anything and lost 5 pounds.

Weeks 10-13: Morning sickness was mostly gone but still threw up a few times a day.  I could only eat chicken nuggets and chicken noodle soup.

Weeks 14-16: Was finally able to eat ground beef for the first time in ten weeks. I was still completely exhausted and slept about 15 hours a day. 

Weeks 16-20: I think this was my only "I feel great" time.  Week 16 was when heartburn started.

Weeks 20-28: A whole mess of problems happened here.  I found out I had marginal placenta previa and was put on bed rest for 8 weeks.  I was rushed to the hospital after pre-term labor symptoms began at 24 weeks. Back pain, heart burn, cramping, stretching pain, charlie horses, bad circulation, the constant dash to the bathroom, dry skin, hormones erupting and making me cry for no reason at any given time...

Weeks 28-30: Hip pain now begins.  I have trouble getting up.  Braxton Hicks contractions have been frequent.  Everything takes ten times longer.  Rolling over leaves me breathless.  I get winded just talking to someone while standing up.  I have trouble breathing because my beautiful daughter is shoved against my lungs.  My hands and feet have begun to swell.  My stomach is stretching so quickly that my skin feels like it's on fire.  Baby is now kicking hard enough to wake me up and keep me from falling asleep.

Now, I know that she's easier to take care of while she's inside, but I am SOOO ready for her to be here.  When my sister-in-law, Sara, had her son, Micah, I asked how the delivery went.  She told me that yes, labor and delivery is hard, but after 9 months of pregnancy... it's really not that bad.  I don't worry about the pain of childbirth, I'm looking at is as more of an end to my pregnancy.  After everything else that has gone on, I'm not too worried about actually having the baby.

Thanks for letting me whine!

 

  
Still no stretch marks!  I'm actually surprised... but they still have 10 weeks to appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment