Saturday, October 24, 2009

October 23rd Appointment

I will be 15 weeks tomorrow!  This pregnancy is seriously FLYING by.  I have been feeling GREAT except for headaches and fatigue, but I have a lot more energy than I did a few weeks ago, and I can FINALLY eat beef again.  My morning sickness was bad but it only lasted for about three weeks (praise God) but I still had a very strong aversion to beef until last Saturday when Jordan made nachos.  They were very tasty.  Annnnyway...

Yesterday I went in for my 16 week appointment.  They listened to LB's (Little Bean) heartbeat, it has slowed down A LOT since our last appointment.  It went from 180 four weeks ago to 156-157 yesterday.  Which just means that little thing is growing.  She made sure the baby was the right size and growing by pressing on my stomach, which by the way, is not comfortable.  Apparently I haven't gained any weight yet. I was disappointed, but she said that she's not worried about it yet.  She told me that for the next few weeks I didn't have to be careful about my fat intake, so we bought 2% instead of skim milk.  I look forward to downing some fat in the next few weeks.  My goal is to gain 5-7 pounds by my next appointment.

She asked if I had any concerns, and I told her about some... issues... I had last week.  I won't go into details, but she told me that as long as it doesn't happen again I'll be fine, and that it's really good that my immune system was strong enough to take care of the problem itself.  So... sweet. 

I also told her that even though my morning sickness is gone, I've had a very strong aversion to eggs.  I cannot eat eggs and have them stay down.  I can smell them, cook them, feed them to Al (the 18 month old boy I watch) and not have issues, but any time I try to eat them... yeah.  She just said, "It will be interesting to see if your baby eats eggs." She said that she probably shouldn't tell me, because there is no hard evidence, but when she was pregnant with her daughter she had no taste for sweets whatsoever.  Over the holidays she never ate desert, she just craved salty things all the time.  Now, her daughter LOVES salty stuff but has no interest in candy or cookies at all.  I thought that was interesting.  I almost wonder if LB has an egg allergy since I have such a violent reaction.  I guess we won't know for another year, though.

That was about it.  I got some more blood drawn because I signed up for the early testing (I honestly just wanted the free ultrasound... I didn't realize I'd be giving 5 gallons of blood every visit) but that's okay.  I asked if they had my blood type handy, because I had no idea what I was. O+.  So, if you need a blood transfusion, I'm a universal donar. 

Sometimes I forget that in 6 months we're going to be a family of three.  It's not what we expected, but we know that this child was formed by God, and even though WE didn't plan it, He did.  It's such a beautiful thing, knowing that Jordan and I are going to bring life into this world, and that God gave this baby to us as a gift.  We'll cherish it forever.  Or... at least until LB hits the teen years.

No comments:

Post a Comment