When I got pregnant with Evie a little over a year later I was the heaviest I had ever been. 112. I know, shoot me now. But for those of you who don't know me, I'm also quite short. I'm a whopping 5'1, and have a very small frame. I am the epitome of "petite". During my pregnancy with Evie I was hounded for my lack of weight gain. They told me over and over that I needed to put on 35 pounds. Do you know how much weight that is when you were only 112 to begin with? Well, I'll show you.
I was only 34 weeks pregnant here. I was 142 pounds when she was born. And thus began my "chubby years". I absolutely could not lose the weight. Everyone told me the weight would melt right off since I was breastfeeding. They lied.
I don't know how much I weighed here, I refused to step on the scale.
I do know I was stuck at 128 pounds for a long time. Which for most people is a perfectly fine weight. This is what I looked like at 128 pounds:
Nope nope nope nope.
But then something amazing happened. I got the stomach flu. I lost 5 pounds and that 5 pounds stayed off! And then I immediately got pregnant again. I was 123 pounds, but thanks to morning sickness I lost about five pounds. Here I am at 12 weeks with Catherine:
I didn't listen to the doctors when they told me I needed to put on weight. I just kept doing what I was doing and didn't stuff myself with Oreos. I think I was 135 pounds when she was born.
I again had a lot of trouble losing the baby weight. I worked out. I went to the gym. I jogged, but I still couldn't get all the weight off. I did get back down to a size 4, which was my goal, but I still wasn't happy with what I saw in the mirror. And then I did it again. I got pregnant. I was 122 pounds when we found out Emiliana was going to be joining us.
I had really horrible morning sickness with her, and I lost 12 pounds in the first trimester. I was 110 pounds when I finally started to put on some weight. But the doctors left me alone. There was some concern when I was 34 weeks and had just reached my prepregnancy weight of 122, but an ultrasound showed a fat healthy baby and no one worried anymore. I weighed 125 pounds when she was born.
I lost all the baby weight and them some after she was born. I don't know, I guess breastfeeding finally worked out for me and I was back to 110 by the time she was two weeks old. I actually dropped to 99 pounds at one point, but my general weight while I was nursing her was 102. She weaned in December and I put on 5 pounds in about a week. And there I have sat. 107 pounds.
About a month ago I got tired of having a squishy stomach and absolutely no core or arm strength. So I have spent the last 5 weeks really trying to get myself in shape. I am also trying to correct the separation of ab muscles that happens with pregnancy, and have been pleased with the results. Anyway, this is me now:
I feel so good. And I don't know what it is with my new haircut but it has given me some awesome self confidence. I may have gotten a little narcissistic, but after hiding myself and being so ashamed during my chubby years, I love feeling like myself again.
It's so nice to be so comfortable in my own skin!










No comments:
Post a Comment